Please join us for the Annual Meeting of County and Tribal Health Councils on February 13 in Santa Fe followed by Public Health Day at the Legislature on February 14.
Schedule - February 13
10:00am - 12:00pm Pre-meeting peer-led sessions (topics TBD)
12:30pm – 1:00pm Lunch (provided)
1:00 - 4:00pm Annual Meeting
* Introduction of Alliance Officers and Board
* 2019 NM Alliance of Health Councils budget presented for approval by the Board
* Overview of the SM44 Task Force
* 2019 Legislation affecting health councils
* How your advocacy efforts can make a difference
* Discussion/sharing of common interests by region
Location: St Bede's Church, 550 W San Mateo Rd, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Schedule - February 14
Public Health Day at the Legislature
12:00pm to 1pm - Public Program in the Rotunda
Speakers include Lt Governor Howie Morales and Department of Health Secretary Kathy Kunkel.
8:00am - 12:00pm Exhibit tables will be set up by public health organizations in the halls.
Walgrens will be giving flu shots.
Location: Rotunda, State Capitol, 490 Old Santa Fe Trail, Santa Fe, NM 87501
Please make your own hotel reservations. Many hotels have a "legislative rate" which they will give you if you mention it.
- For health council members who are traveling from at least 60 miles outside of Santa Fe, we will reimburse hotel and travel costs up to $175 for one person from each health council.
- For health council members traveling from over 200 miles outside of Santa Fe, we will reimburse hotel and travel costs up to $225 for one person from each health council.
- It may be possible to reimburse additional travel costs if funding is available.
For more information, contact: